The Premonition Had a Relapse
Acrylic on Canvas – 16″ x 20″
This image came to me during a meditation at a time when I began to retreat back into myself and away from others. Until then I had been trying to shed my isolationist tendencies.
The face is distorted, fluid and in many respects still more mask-like than “real”, but now it’s distinctly my face. The ribbons could be viewed as something coming untied or undone, but they are still quite elegant when moving in the winds of change swirling around. The “No Parking” sign signifies that I wasn’t letting anyone stop and stay any longer.
Unfortunately, childhood sexual abuse has long and lingering effects. My hardest to overcome stigma is my tendency to isolate myself from others both emotionally and physically.
Abuse Series Index
- Anti-Social Behavior
- I'm Afraid
- Feeding Frenzy
- I was Innocent
- Pain & Isolation
- Hurt Hate
- Grandpa, Why was I Sacrificed for You?
- Childhood Broken
- Before & After
- Broken Toy Broken Child
- Struggling to Emerge
- You Made the Colors of My World Bleed
- Still Some Garbage But It's Getting Better
- Blue Angel - Reclaiming My Childhood
- Always Smiling, Always Hidden
- The Premonition Had a Relapse
- The Premonition Dreamt It was a Child